The Upper Clutha Angling Club was formed more than 50 years ago and is based in Wanaka.
The Club holds five meetings a year and the Annual Meeting is held in November.
The Club's usual activities during the year include:
- Beginners fly fishing course
- Organised fishing trips away
- Submissions to statutory bodies
- Fishery surveys and fish relocation
- Maintenance of access ways
- Organisation & running of Take a Kid Fishing Day
- Social events
The Club's hut at Makarora is available at a small fee for members to use.